Tuesday, October 01, 1985

Wuhan,David Perry English Training Center,30.59248,114.28965,18,S


30.592595,114.289511,The David Perry English Training Center
Here's where I taught English for three years. I lived upstairs on the fourth floor my first year there, which got to be annoying as students were always coming to my door, sometimes early in the morning, for help with their homework or for English practice. The school was on the second and third floor of a complex most of the rest of which was a clothing factory. Directly below us on the first floor was a restaurant where I had my first dinner with my new colleagues in August 2001. Across the street from us was a good hotpot restaurant (the light blue, backwards L-shaped building) called Fish Head (鱼头)—and they did put a great big tasty fish head in your hotpot. Unfortunately the restaurant closed during my last year in China, and I've heard rumors that this whole area is going to be torn down to make way for the entrance to a tunnel under the Changjiang River. Behind the school is the Trust-Mart supermarket where I did most of my shopping my first year in China.