Sunday, December 10, 2006

Recruit One, Recruit Them All

The US Army recently spent $200 million dollars on a marketing firm to come up with their new slogan: "Army Strong." What marvelous words! The ingenuity! The succinctness! Definitely worth 200 Nobel Prizes in Literature.

Now, as we all know, the Army has been experiencing recruiting woes ever since the Iraq War began going downhill shortly after Bush's cover-girl photo-op aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. I don't know whether the new slogan will help out or not, but I truly hope that next time the Army will spend these huge sums of money on protecting the soldiers stuck in Bush's Iraqi morass.

To that end I thought, in the spirit of patriotic duty, that I would offer, for free, a supplemental slogan and recruiting poster. They need to know they don't have to pay $200 million for this stuff. Of course, my work may not have quite the suppleness of "Army Strong," but it's a good mix of the classic and the realistic, and has a nice internal rhyme which emphasizes the important parts.

I hereby declare that the United States Army may use the below poster and all words within in any way, shape, or form, without charge:

I want YOU to die for Bush's lie
my advertising suggestion to improve recruiting performance for the United States Army.